Why Family Support?
Being a parent/caregiver can be a difficult job ; one that can be overwhelming at times. At BRILL FRC, our experienced family support workers provide advice, support and training to parents and guardians.
A family support worker can work with you towards putting together a package of supports tailor made to meet the needs of your family.
Family Support helps families access a broad array of supports and services. The primary focus is on early intervention aiming to promote and protect the health, well-being and rights of all children, young people and their families.
We offer support to families covering a wide range of issues:
- Parenting support in 1:1 and small group settings
- Parenting when separated support and training
- Non-violent resistance-Responding to child to parent violence
- Social skills support for children
- Support for children being bullied
- Support for children who are bullying
- School refusal support for parents and children
- Support for anxious children
- Parenting an anxious child
- Strengthening family relationships
- Emotional regulation support for children
- Confidence and self-esteem building
- Supporting children adjusting to separation/loss
- Emotional support for parents and children Self-care support for parents
- Support for children with learning needs
- Goal setting and motivation
- Signposting and advocating on behalf of families