CE and Employment Services
The Key Project is part of BRILL Family Resource Centre and is funded under the Department of Employment and Social Protection (DEASP) . The Key Project is an employment support project, providing programmes and services to the local community. Services supplied to the Community include:
Community Employment (CE)
Community Employment schemes are Active Labour Market Programmes (ALMP) funded by DEASP. These schemes provide training and work experience, primarily to long-term unemployed people with some other groups of people also eligible. Those on the CE work for an average of 19.5 hours per week. Jobs are advertised locally and on various job vacancies websites. You can apply for a CE position through your local Intreo Office, Obair or directly to the CE Scheme.
The Key Project CE Scheme provides Work placement in the following areas:
- Caretaker, Garden/Horticulture Assistant
- Clerical Officer, Office Assistant/Administrator, Receptionist, Finance Administrator
- Gym Assistant/Instructor
- Youth & Education Worker
A sample of training courses that CE participants have taken part in:
- Manual Handling
- First Aid Responder
- Cleanpass QQI Level 3
- Competency based interview skills, Career Preparation
- CPC Training
- Reception & Frontline office skills QQI Level 4
- 4 Stroke Engine Maintenance QQI Level 3
- Payroll Manual & Computerised QQI Level 5
- Bookkeeping QQI Level 5
- Handheld Pesticide
Currently No Availability.
Our Employment Support services include:
- Free access to a PC at our Employment Service HUB.
- Application forms and CV typed and printed.
Progression support to participants on our training courses regarding further education or job access.
- Job Seekers Database: Job Seekers wishing to get information about upcoming events, jobs or courses are offered an opportunity to have their details included on our database.
- One to one support (by appointment only).
- Provision of one to one workshops on C.V.s, letters of application, interview skills and job-finding skills by request.
The Key Project provides a range of information leaflets/booklets and forms such as:
- Social welfare forms, family income support forms, passport application, driving test theory and driving licence renewal forms etc.
- A list of current job vacancies from Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) and local newspapers is available which can be accessed on our Facebook page every Thursday or can be collected at the BRiLL FRC Parish Centre front desk or to view online click here.
- Providing information on work schemes, other government initiatives and employment focused services.
- If you need help filling in application forms or support in making an application online, a team member will be on hand to help.
Reception Desk Services
We provide the following services FREE to support you back to work & Education:
- CV preparation, jobs alerts, weekly job bulletin,
- Form filling online/hard copy,
- Assistance with filling out forms, if required,
- Printing Government forms.
For a small fee you can avail of our service to:
- Print, photocopy, scan, laminate.